Electrical installations can age and become overloaded, particularly in old homes where the original wiring may not adequately meet the requirements for the number of electrical appliances in use today.

Warning signs that the electrical installation in your home is becoming unsafe include:

  • plugs and sockets that are hot to the touch or are discoloured with brown scorch mark
  • fuses that blow
  • circuit breakers that trip for no apparent reason
  • flickering lights.

These signs may mean that the wiring of the electrical fittings in your home needs upgrading. If you are concerned, contact a licensed worker.

If you notice any of the above warning signs when buying a house, have a licensed worker check the internal wiring. They will be able to tell you if any repairs are necessary and will estimate the cost.

Original Source and more information: http://www.energysafety.govt.nz

Looking for a Master Electrician in Queenstown? Contact us today for a free quote.

RLS Electrical, Your local Queenstown Electrician.